TOP TEN REASONS TO GET A DOG
- Unconditional love.
- Always-available playmate.
- Protector. Whether real or imagined isn’t the issue. It’s a warm body for when you’re scared.
- Meet and greeter. Dogs are kind of like a welcome wagon to spread warmth and love in your home.
- Good for feng shui! Dogs move energy, which helps release stagnation, something feng shui experts say is important for good chi.
- Exercise. You have to walk the dog; it will get you outside.
- Practice “being.” Dogs seem to be able to do nothing and it somehow rubs off on you. You just get to relax naturally with them.
- Miracle workers. Dogs know sometimes what you need even before you do. There are all kinds of savior stories with dogs.
- Fun! Dogs love to play in the snow, roll in the grass or dirt, and hike in the woods.
- Our inner child. Dogs bring out the inner child in all of us. And if that leads to greater warmth, connection, and healing, how can that not be a good thing?